Kota Viveka Educational Institutions, established and owned by “KOTA VIDYA SANGHA”, had its inception on 6th June, 1949.
Originally, the idea was conceived by Late Kallianpura Sanjeeva Bhat. Inspired by Sri Sanjeeva Bhat, Sri Kota Ramakrishna Hande and Sri Ramachandra Udupa were successful in persuading the local mentors and patrons into opening the high school. It was a Herculean Task successfully completed by the duo of Sri Hande and Sri Udupa. They contacted personalities like Advocate Sri Madappa Ural, Sri Ramakrishna Karanth, Sri Kota Laxminarayana Karanath, Dr. Venkataramanayya, Advocate Sri Yajnanarayana Adiga and Sri Venkatanarasimha Hebbar and urged them to gather. As a result Kota Vidya Sangha was established in Kota on 5th December 1948. Later the Sangha was registered on the 4th March 1949.
The 6th of June 1949, became a landmark in the history of the Kota. It was the day that witnessed the commencement of Kota Viveka High School. But the school began working in the enclosure of Sri Hire Mahalingeshwara Temple. The very next year saw the High School being shifted to a spacious building by N.H.17, generously bestowed upon the High school by Sri Mundadi Madappa Urala and Sri Narasappa Urala.
Gradually, the school graduated into – a multi-dimensional school with agriculture as an optional subject in 1961-1962, a higher secondary school in 1976 and eventually, a composite junior college in 1972. A Pre-Vocational training centre was run from 1964-1991 with the aid of UNICEF and the Govt. of INDIA. After the commencement of Viveka Girls’ High School, Viveka High School continued as Viveka Boys’ High School. Sri K.Ramakrishna Hande was the Head Master of the school from the day of commencement to 1950; Sri Kota Laxminarayana Karanth followed him in the capacity from 1950 to 1958. Then Sri Kota Mohana Karanth acted as the Head Master between 1958 and 1960. He was followed by National Award Winning Teacher Sri Ramachandra Udupa.
The school, started as mere High School with barely 300 students in 1949, has now grown into a cluster of Institutions – Viveka Boys’ High School, Viveka Girls’ High School, Viveka English Medium High School, Viveka Pre-University College with a separate wing for Vocational Training in +2 stage. The strength of the staff has increased to around 107 and the student strength exceeds 3000. The Management of the Institutions has been able to provide the necessary infrastructure. The Institution has been able to maintain high standards not in the field of general education, but also “Education for Life”- with emphasis on work experience, craft and agriculture, sense of High discipline, near cent percent examination results and High Ranks year after year. Thousands of our past students have been working as Doctors, Engineers, Bank and office executives throughout the globe. Infact, our institutions have benefited by the generous donations received from these past students placed in high positions.